Continental Corporation Machine Setter Apprentice in Fletcher, North Carolina
Machine Setter Apprentice
To machine foundation products in a safe efficient manner, while satisfying the Quality Procedures, Production Standards, and production schedules required by our customers.
• Machine and inspect foundation brake components at or above established output rates.
• Maintain accurate shift records and quality documentation, to include SPC charts/plans, inspection records, production, tooling or maintenance records.
• Be an active member of our CIA program and PIT crew teams to promote Continuous Improvement
• Support harmonious work relationships and efficient work habits
• Observe all Company policies and procedures
• Observe all Safety policies and procedures including the use of PPE
• Compliance to all Continental and Henderson plant permits, policies and procedures including, but not limited to, environmental, health, safety, security, ISO 14001 and Environmental Management systems, TS 16949 and Quality Management Systems, Human Resources policies, and Continental Business System elements.
• Report all unsafe conditions or events to Group Leader, Area Manager, or EHS department in a timely manner.
• Operate robot assisted production cells, learn basic robot functions, and understand safety policies and procedures relating to a robotic environment.
• Support Quality sorts, containment actions, or inspection requirements as necessary.
• Enrolled in Associates Degree Program in required field of study (Mechatronics Engineering Technology, Computer Integrated Machining/Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering Technology or Industrial Systems Technology)
• Minimum Bronze level CRC
• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to read, understand and interpret written operator instructions, inspection plans, gauge plans
• Good eyesight and attention to details
• Basic keyboarding and data entry input.
• Must be able to perform in and adapt to a mass production environment and flexible to various work assignments or changes a needed to fit the needs of the business
• Ability to work overtime as needed to meet production schedules
Internal or External Vocational Experience:
Previous precision machining or manufacturing assembly beneficial, but not required. Previous good attendance and performance records.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 47,700 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.8 billion in 2017.
Manufacturing Operations and Production, Trainee Initiatives
Chassis and Safety
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.