Goodman Networks, Inc. Tower Hand Apprentice - Jackson, MS in Jackson, Mississippi
Goodman Networks offers a complete family of solutions to wireless carriers, OEMs, backhaul service providers, and enterprise customers. Additionally, our Field Services division is a valued partner of DIRECTV delivering high quality serviceinstallations, maintenance, and upgrades for residential and commercial customers. Solutions and services offered by Goodman Networks help these entities implement new technologies faster, enhance network performance, and improve business results.
_What to Expect:_
- This is an entry-level tower climber position to perform work on towers and rooftops. o You will receive training to: o Be a competent climber o Perform controlled descents o Use aerial lifts o Work on tower platforms o Mount and cable equipment o Perform cable, fiber and system testing o Troubleshoot and repair antenna systems
- You will gain an understanding of the latest wireless technologies.
- You will gain the following certifications: Tower Climber, First Aid/CPR, Donlen Driving, OSHA-10, Aerial Lift
- May perform installs and removals of radios, antennas, and associated RF equipment
- Trouble shoots Alarms / RSSI issues at sites using supplied sweep gear.
- Perform electrical down tilts and mechanical down tilts to a variety of antennas using supplied antenna controller units.
- Run jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
- May devise jumper connections with knowledge from connector training.
- Complete required equipment and supply paperwork.
- Climbing communications structures, to include guyed; self-supporting; monopoles; building/rooftops; grain silos; etc.
- Performing audits: safety; defect and quality.
- Ability to follow daily instructions.
- Ability to run jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
- Fill out required paperwork and printouts.
- Applies job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned task Goodman Networks considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
_Recommended Minimum Job Requirements:_
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Valid state-issued driver’s license is required _Recommended Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:_
Knowledge of standard knots
- Use of hand tools to mount equipment, run and connect cables, and secure climbers.
- Knowledge of basic electricity, grounding, and power safety.
- Training in a technical background the requires reading and applying diagrams and technical information
- Ability to work closely with others
- Team Player
- Travel as required, typically within a designated region
- Not afraid of high elevations
- Must be able to climb and descend all types of tower and rooftop structures up to 400 feet
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Must be willing to work in challenging environmental conditions – higher/lower seasonal temperatures, humidity, wind, precipitation.
- This position requires good physical conditioning to sustainably carry/lift/move heavy objects throughout the workday. Apply by emailing your resume TalentAcquisition@goodmannetworks.com
Title: Tower Hand Apprentice - Jackson, MS
Requisition ID: 18000779