Phillips 66 Instrument Technician Apprentice - Ponca City Refinery in Ponca City, Oklahoma
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Instrument Technician Apprentice - Ponca City Refinery maintains the refinery's control, monitoring and safety instrumentation systems. A high degree of responsibility, initiative and technical competence are required to support the instrument systems needed to operate a complex refinery. Proactive safety consciousness for yourself and co-workers is mandatory.
Responsibilities may include:
- Repair, troubleshoot, and maintain Refinery electronic and pneumatic instrumentation, including controllers, control valves, transmitters, analyzers, and vibration equipment. Also includes the maintenance and configuration of Distributive Control Systems and the maintenance and programming of Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance for instrument equipment.
- Provide inspection, testing, and documentatioin of safety systems to meet OSHA regulations.
- Assist with pre-startup safety reviews and new project technical reviews.
- Work schedule is normally days, Monday through Friday. Will involve some nights, weekends, and overtime work to support the 24-hour operation of the Refinery. Could involve some travel time estimated at one to two weeks per year.
- Communicate well with all organizational levels and present information / ideas in an articulate and organized way.
- Expected to work effectively in a team environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Associates Degree in Instrumentation or Electronics or equivalent industry or military experience
- Maintain a valid driver's license.
- Currently hold or are able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic .
- 2 or more years of direct instrument maintenance experience working in a refinery, chemical plant, or power plant
- Hold or willing to obtain FCC license
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Experience with Honeywell TDC3000 or other Distributive Controll Systems configuration and maintenance
- Experience with Allen Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers and Rockwell software packages
- Be able to read, understand and work from Piping & Instrument Diagrams, Loop Diagrams, Wiring Diagrams and Ladder or Logic Diagrams
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative Relationships—Foster Relationships
- Contr: Judgment—Demonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results Orientation—Optimize Work Performance
The Ponca City Refinery in Oklahoma has a crude oil processing capacity of 196 MBPD. Both foreign and domestic crudes are delivered by pipeline from Canada, Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas. The refinery's facilities include fluid catalytic cracking, delayed coking and hydro-desulfurization units that enable it to produce high ratios of gasoline and diesel fuel from crude oil. Finished petroleum products are shipped by truck, rail and Company-owned and common carrier pipelines to markets throughout the mid-continent region. Operations are run 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Major Products: Gasoline, Diesel, Jet fuel, Kerosene, Heating oils.
Capacities: Crude oil and Other Charge Capacity: 203,000 BPD; Gasoline Production Capacity: 110,000 BPD; Distillate Production Capacity: 90,000 BPD.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of February 4, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 48788
Department: Ponca City Refinery
Location: United States - Oklahoma - Ponca City
Job Field: Maintenance